I was cooking for Everleigh the other day and playing with some new recipes. I found this recipe in a book but modified it. I made this butternut squash soup and then so many of you asked for the recipe, so I’m sharing it here. This soup was such a huge hit that when I went to go reheat some more the next day, it was gone because my husband finished it! He hates soup!
Everleigh loved it so much, I added it to my regular soup recipe rotation. I also have poured some over her noodles and veggies as a cream sauce. Please know, most of what I make I guesstimate everything so I’m going to try to be as precise as possible.
-1 butternut squash (I used a bag of frozen because I had it)
-2 garlic cloves
-1 small onion
-1 cup of canned coconut milk
*season to taste
- Start by heating up some olive oil in a saucepan
- Add in the onion, garlic and butternut squash.
- Cook til the onion is translucent and the squash is defrosted (if using frozen)
- Add the vegetable broth and seasoning, cook for 5 min and add the coconut milk.
- simmer til you are happy with it.
- let cool and the add to blender and blend it all up!