WHOA. These purple sweet potato blondies (brownies?? I guess blondies because there isn’t actually cocoa in them but they kinda look like brownies too??) are so good! I don’t know if anyone else has been watching that Netflix show about blue zones, but I’m kind of obsessed with these blue zones now, because they have so many people that live to 100 in those areas! And not only do they live to 100, but they have vibrant, happy and healthy lives at all ages. In one blue zone in Japan, they eat a lot of these purple yam (or sweet potatoes) and so I had to try out this recipe! Blondies with a super food that’s also gluten free, vegan and so so delicious, yes please!
Will you be trying this one?
– 1 cup mashed Japanese sweet potato (about 1 medium-sized sweet potato)
– 1/2 cup almond butter (or any other nut butter of your choice)
– 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
– 1/4 cup coconut flour
– 1/4 cup almond flour
– 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts for added texture and flavor
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed sweet potato, almond butter, and maple syrup (or honey). Mix well until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the coconut flour, almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract to the sweet potato mixture. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined and form a thick batter.
4. If desired, fold in the chocolate chips or chopped nuts into the batter.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly.
6. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and allow the blondies to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
8. Lift the blondies out of the pan using the parchment paper, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Once cooled, cut into squares or desired shapes and serve.