Have you tried my high protein cookie dough balls yet?! If you haven’t tried the recipe yet, now is your chance, and in heart shapes, just in time for Valentine’s Day! And just because it’s Valentine’s Day, doesn’t mean you necessarily have to go crazy on chocolate and sugary desserts, so that’s why I love this recipe – it gives me a healthier option but feels like a real treat!! These heart-shaped cookie dough treats are gluten free, dairy free, vegan (if you keep to dark chocolate and not milk chocolate!) and high protein.
I used these great silicon molds to make mine, you can grab the link below to get yours! There’s two sizes, so make sure to grab the size you think you’ll want your treats to be… I did some of the smaller and larger ones! The small molds make perfect sized treats for tiny hands, so you can give your kids some healthier treats this Valentine’s Day too!
Feel free to customize the recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins or using a milk chocolate drizzle instead of white chocolate, add pink or red sprinkles on top, or anything else your heart (get it?) desires!
– 1 cup almond flour
– 1/2 cup protein powder (flavor of your choice)
– 1/2 cup almond butter
– 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– dark chocolate chips
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– white chocolate chips
– optional mix ins: nuts, dried fruit
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and protein powder. Stir until well combined.
- Add the almond butter, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix well until a dough-like consistency is formed.
- Mix in some chocolate chips or add any mix-ins of your choice, such as chopped nuts, or dried fruit. Stir until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using your hands, fill in the heart shape molds and let them set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips with 1 tsp coconut oil. Dip the protein cookie dough hearts in the chocolate then set in the freezer on a parchment lined plate or tray.
- Melt 1/4 cup white chocolate and add to a ziploc bag. Cut the corner of the bag and drizzle on the white chocolate. Set in fridge or freezer.
- You can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.