When I say there were no leftovers I mean not even a bite. Everyone had seconds!
I wanted to make rice bowls but was also feeling like a lasagna so I combined the two and it was perfect. If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner, this is it!
It was the perfect meal – packed with protein, gluten free and delicious! Added bonus: cooking the rice in bone broth instead of water adds protein, nutrients and flavor.
You can make this dish dairy free by swapping out the cheese for vegan cheese. You can make the whole dish vegan actually if you swap the cheese, omit the ground turkey and add more veggies and use water or vegetable broth to make the rice.
This will definitely be on my rotation for quick and easy comfort dinners! Will you try this??
– 1 package ground turkey
– 1 zucchini, chopped
– Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste
– Avocado oil (or any cooking oil of your choice)
– 2 cups marinara sauce
– 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
– ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 4 cups cooked rice (cooked in bone broth)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large skillet, heat some avocado oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey, chopped zucchini, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook until the turkey is browned and the zucchini is tender.
3. Add the marinara sauce to the skillet with the cooked turkey and zucchini. Stir well to combine and let it simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
4. In a baking dish, spread a layer of the cooked rice at the bottom. Make sure the rice is evenly distributed.
5. Pour the turkey and marinara mixture over the rice layer in the baking dish, spreading it evenly.
6. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the turkey mixture, covering it completely.
7. Finally, sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the mozzarella layer.
8. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Once the cheese has melted and turned golden brown, remove the lasagna from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
You can garnish the lasagna with fresh herbs like basil or parsley, if desired.