I can’t believe it… Thanksgiving is a week away! Where has this year gone?! Many of you have asked for a great gluten free green bean casserole recipe. I’ve been making this one for the last four years and we love it so I figured it was time to share it with you!!
This green bean casserole is the perfect side dish at Thanksgiving, or any holiday meal! What’s great too, is that if you have any vegetarians in the crowd, this can be their main! It’s so satisfying and fully, everyone will love it, vegetarian or not.
– 2 cans of gluten-free cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup milk (you can use any non-dairy milk as a substitute) for less creamy casserole leave the milk out altogether.
– 4 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and steamed (or you can use frozen green beans)
– 1 cup shredded gluten-free cheese (such as cheddar or Swiss)
– 1 cup gluten-free crispy fried onions
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup and milk. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a large baking dish, combine the steamed green beans and the mushroom soup mixture. Mix well until the green beans are coated with the soup.
4. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the green bean mixture.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the casserole is hot and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the crispy fried onions on top.
7. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the onions are golden brown and crispy.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.