This past weekend I did an Instagram live with my friend Sarah and it was so much fun! She just released her new book and so this was a bit of a celebration. You can find her new book here. We made her recipe for gluten free gingerbread cookies together and I wanted to share them with you – they were delicious! They are also vegan and refined sugar free, so you don’t have to feel too guilty about making these this holiday season.
-1 1/2 cups almond flour
-1/4 cup arrowroot or tapioca starch
-2 tsp ground ginger (or fresh, grated)
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/8 tsp ground clove (optional)
-1/8 tsp fine sea salt
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-2 tbsp melted coconut oil
-1/4 cup pure maple syrup
-1 tbsp black strap molasses
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl add in the almond flour, arrowroot or tapioca starch, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and stir. Add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and molasses and stir again until incorporated and a dough forms.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Take the dough out of the fridge once it’s chilled and firmed up and place on a piece of parchment paper on your counter. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll it out to your desired thickness.
- Cut out shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake the cookies at 350ºF for about 10 minutes. Bake them for longer, about 12-14 minutes if you like them less chewy.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the pan before icing and serving. They will firm up as they cool.