These frozen almond butter banana chocolate bars/bites were so good!! They’re gluten free, dairy free, paleo, vegan and so easy to make! These were a big hit with my family and of course the kids loved them too. I can feel good about this kind of snack because it’s literally 4 ingredients – bananas, almond butter, coconut oil and chocolate. You can of course add all kinds of toppings if you want, let me know if the comments if you’re going to make these and what toppings you’d add??
You know me, that I usually just try to eyeball recipes and improvise so I was SO impressed with myself about how these looked!! I honestly think that the reason why these came out so good was becasue of the molds I used. You can get them here if you want to make this recipe. I think it’s totally worth it and you can use the molds to make other kinds of frozen treats too.
– 2 ripe bananas
– 1/4 cup almond butter (smooth or crunchy)
– 1 cup chocolate chips
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– Optional toppings: chopped nuts, shredded coconut, flaky salt
1.In a blender or food processor, combine the ripe bananas and almond butter. Blend until smooth and well combined.
2. Pour the banana-almond butter mixture into an ice cube tray or silicone mold, filling each compartment almost to the top.
3. Place the tray or mold in the freezer and freeze for about 2-3 hours, or until the banana-almond butter mixture is completely frozen.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
5. Remove the frozen banana-almond butter cubes from the tray or mold.
6. Using a fork or toothpick, dip each frozen banana-almond butter cube into the melted chocolate, coating it completely. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off, and then place the chocolate-coated cube on a parchment-lined tray or plate.
7. If desired, sprinkle the toppings of your choice over the chocolate-coated cubes before the chocolate sets.
8. Once all the banana-almond butter cubes are coated in chocolate, return the tray or plate to the freezer and freeze for an additional 1-2 hours, or until the chocolate is firm.
9. Once fully frozen, transfer the chocolate-covered frozen banana almond butter bites to an airtight container or zip-top bag. Keep them stored in the freezer until you’re ready to enjoy them.