These high protein cookie dough cake balls are sooo good and so easy to make! They make a delicious and nutritious snack and are high protein, gluten- free, and vegan. They’re packed with protein from the almond flour and protein powder, and the almond butter adds healthy fats. They’re an easy snack to keep in the fridge and grab on the go, especially when you’re craving something sweet!
Feel free to customize the recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins or using a milk chocolate drizzle instead of white chocolate, add sprinkles on top, or anything else your heart desires!
– 1 cup almond flour
– 1/2 cup protein powder (flavor of your choice)
– 1/2 cup almond butter
– 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– dark chocolate chips
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– white chocolate chips
– optional mix ins: nuts, dried fruit
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and protein powder. Stir until well combined.
- Add the almond butter, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix well until a dough-like consistency is formed.
- Mix in some chocolate chips or add any mix-ins of your choice, such as chopped nuts, or dried fruit. Stir until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into small, bite-sized balls.
- Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips with 1 tsp coconut oil. Dip the protein balls in the chocolate then set in the freezer on a parchment lined plate or tray.
- Melt 1/4 cup white chocolate and add to a ziploc bag. Cut the corner of the bag and drizzle on the white chocolate. Set in fridge or freezer.
- You can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.