I took my protein cookie dough balls and turned them into chocolate covered cookie dough protein bars. Honestly, that cookie dough can be turned into so many different snacks it’s great. You can also choose to add in different nuts or dried fruits for an extra boost of nutrients and flavors. I personally like to stick to chocolate chips, but follow your heart!!
If you want that sweet treat with no refined sugars and high protein or you just want a great protein bar snack that has great ingredients this is for you!!
– 1 cup almond flour
– 1/2 cup protein powder (flavor of your choice)
– 1/2 cup almond butter
– 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Optional mix-ins: dark chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit, etc
-1/3 cup chocolate chips + 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and protein powder. Stir until well combined.
2. Add the almond butter, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix well until a dough-like consistency is formed.
3. If desired, add any mix-ins of your choice, such as dark chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dried fruit. Stir until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
4. Using your hands, roll the dough into small bars.
5. Place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up.
6. Once firm remove from the fridge and then melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Dip the bars in chocolate and place back in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
You can store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.