This butternut squash and feta soup was so creamy and delicious! What I also loved about it was that it’s super easy to make, it’s basically a one pan meal (if you don’t count the blender haha)!
I like this soup recipe because if you’re not a big fan of cream-based soups or are just tired of the same old butternut squash soup, then this is a really good recipe to mix it up! Because the feta is baked with the butternut squash, it gets nice and a bit melty, so when you blend it with the cooked squash and broth, it gets so creamy and delicious. There definitely is a bit of a kick and you do taste the feta, so if you’re not a feta fan, maybe try my other butternut squash soup recipe!
Will you be trying this??
-1 butternut squash
-1 head of garlic
-block of feta
-bone broth (or vegetable broth if you want to make it vegetarian)
-thyme, oregano, rosemary, salt, pepper or any other spices you choose
- Start by peeling your butternut squash. Cut it in half and remove the seeds. Cut into cubes.
- Add the squash to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut the top off the garlic and place it face down on the baking sheet.
- Make a space in the squash and put the feta on the baking sheet.
- Season the squash with thyme, oregano, rosemary and salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 400F for 45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and squeeze out the garlic into your blender then add the squash and feta.
- Add your bone broth or other broth to the blender. Blend until smooth.