I have been making these twice a week lately. Everyone in my house loves them and they don’t last long! These are so easy to make and are definitely healthier.
What you need
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas , mashed
- 1/3 melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum , leave out if your flour already has it in it
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- teaspoon lemon peel (optional)
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries , add as much or as little as you like
Preheat the oven to 350°F
Use baking cup liners or cooking spray for the muffin tin.
In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
Add the baking soda and stir to combine with the mashed bananas. Allow the mixture to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir the melted coconut oil into the mashed bananas.
Stir in pure maple syrup, salt, beaten eggs and pure vanilla extract.
Mix in the gluten-free flour, cinnamon, dried lemon peel, and xanthan gum (leave out the xanthan gum if your flour already has it).
Gently stir in blueberries.
Scoop the batter into baking cups lined/cooking sprayed muffin tin.
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 °F, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Please watch your oven because all ovens are different.
Allow the muffins to cool. Store in an airtight container.